I've always been very iffy when it came to relics like voodoo dolls and such. I think they're cool, but I never put much stock into them.
Until recently.
My mom got me a novelty voodoo doll from Marie Levau's House of Voodoo, it's just a cute little thing with Hello Kitty fabric on it (that's part of why my mom got it for me). I also have an evil eye necklace that my grandfather brought back for me from Greece.
Well, day before yesterday, I noticed the good pin was missing from my voodoo doll and all that was left was the bad pin. Then yesterday while I was at school, my evil eye necklace broke.
When Connor picked me up from school later that day, he told me that his parents are selling our house and we have a month to find a new place. Now whatever, it's probably just a coincidence, but seriously. That's a crazy fucking coincidence. I can't even wrap my head around this. I need to find a job more than ever now. Even if I had a job as well, it's going be hard to get by and find a place we can pay rent on because rent in the city we live in and would like to continue to live in because of convenience, is expensive. A studio apartment is close to nine hundred dollars a month. One bedroom apartments are close to six hundred. Connor suggested maybe I move back in with my mom, but one, I don't want to leave him or be without him, and second, my mom is looking to move into a smaller place, so she wouldn't have room for me anyway. I have no idea what we're going to do.
I'm just really upset about the whole situation. Two reasons being that I have been working my ass off to clean up and prepare our backyard for me to landscape it a bit and now there's no point anymore. I don't want to clean it up for someone else to make it nice. I wanted this to be my summer project. Another thing is that we just buried one of my families cats back there because my mom is moving and she didn't want to leave the cat behind (I don't know, that may sound stupid to you, but whatever. We really loved this cat.) Now we're going to have to leave her behind anyway and it breaks my heart.
Life is so stupid right now. I know things will get better, they mostly always do, but right now it's hard to stay optimistic. I love this house we live in. I wasn't planning on living here forever, but I didn't want to only live here for a year and a half. It's a perfect first home for me and Connor, and we won't find a better rent situation than what we have now since his folks are our landlords.
So, in conclusion, this sucks and I am definitely not a fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment